WTF!? News

 

Petco sued after boy dies from rat-bite fever

Petco sued after boy dies from rat-bite fever

(NEWSER) – A California family whose 10-year-old son died of rat-bite fever just two weeks after he brought home a male companion for his female pet rat is taking Petco to court for alleged negligence. Aidan Pankey died hours after being rushed to the hospital with severe stomach pains last summer, but the family waited for lab results to confirm that the rat was infected before filing the lawsuit, their lawyer tells the AP. The lawsuit accuses the national pet store chain of failing to have adequate procedures in place to prevent this kind of tragedy. Petco says it is "in the process of investigating these claims and will respond appropriately when we have more information."

Read the full story on Newser.com

   

 

More Articles

 

Tejano 1600 is an iHeartRadio Station

© 2014 Clear Channel Media and Entertainment

*